Custom Home Features For Entertaining Guests
Although you may not be doing much entertaining of friends and colleagues in-person these days, you’ll want to build multiple options into your new custom home. Once your dream home is completed, you’ll find yourself discussing your new custom design often, as visitors are likely to admire your accomplishment. In fact, you’ll likely be giving house tours to friends for quite a while after you move into your new bespoke WV home.
Here are some customizations for your new home that are perfect for entertaining:
- Balcony, terrace, enclosed porch, or sunroom: Enjoying the outdoors with the comfort of being indoors. It’s a great option for hosting visiting friends and family get-togethers alike. You’ll never have to deal with annoying mosquitos or other insects on your screened porch or in a glass-enclosed sunroom (sometimes called a three-season room). Make the roof glass like the walls and you’ll have an even more elegant “conservatory” space. Make the screened porch a wrap-around for even more options. Balconies and terraces are not traditionally glassed in or screened, but they’re still inviting. Have a glass of iced tea and enjoy the cool breeze on temperate days with visitors to your custom home.
- Open kitchen and/or great room-centered layout: This home layout creates the ideal space for guests to wander and socialize. If you add a bar, peninsula or island, it’s great for entertaining, and for showing off a classically lovely marble countertop. Or choose something unexpected and brightly colored—with a custom build you have a world of options open to you.
- Fireplace: It’s always nice to gather round a cozy fireplace on cold evenings, and of course it makes a great focal point for the room. You can order up a wood-burning fireplace large enough to walk into–or choose a small, elongated gas fireplace built into an interior wall and serving rooms on either side. A corner fireplace is another elegant and somewhat unexpected option to delight visiting guests.
- An indoor or outdoor pool: Your home can be like a lovely oasis in the middle of WV with a custom swimming pool. You can choose an intriguing shape and choose a beautiful tile surround to frame it, reflecting your personal style and the home’s casual and friendly, or more formal and graceful, ambiance.
- Hot tub: For very close friends and your sweetheart, a hot tub is a perfect, deluxe amenity with which to outfit your new custom home.
- Sauna: Consider a sauna room off the bath or near your pool for a luxurious spa-like home experience for your lucky guests. You can rival the very best hotels with a relaxing sauna (or hot tub) to share.
- Outdoor kitchen with bar: BBQ, make gourmet meals or cook in your pizza oven in your back yard with your custom outdoor kitchen. Or you can simply serve up some mixed drinks, whether alcohol-containing or not, for the crowd. Your outdoor drink bar could be separate from the outdoor kitchen, allowing you to create a different atmosphere in each area. Kitchen and/or bar area should include a refrigerator/freezer and wine fridge and sink.
- Guest suite or extra room(s) so you’re able to offer hospitality to longer-term guests. Include a spa-style bath and large closet (perhaps cedar-lined) and they’ll never want to leave!
- Extra bathrooms: Whether you opt for a powder room, half bath, or full bath, it’s always ideal to have this convenience nearby in all entertaining areas of the house and on each floor.
- Spectacular entryway: Welcome (and impress) guests with a grand entrance, perhaps with a 2-story vaulted ceiling. Include a chandelier or eye-catching lighting fixture that sets the tone for your home. Beautiful flooring can be easily showcased in your deluxe entry, whether it be wood or tile. Guests may appreciate a comfortable bench to remove winter footwear and an elegantly designed hat rack for hats and coats. Or maintain clean lines in the entry with just a thin, tall table for a vase of flowers or your keys, or no furnishings at all. The choice is yours!
Let us know if you’d like to include one of these entertaining options in your custom home.
If you’re interested in a home with plenty of entertaining options and fine amenities to enjoy with friends and neighbors, we’re here to help. Contact Miller’s Residential Creations, based in Martinsburg, WV and serving Berkeley and Jefferson counties, today!